Concrete Wall Sawing that is powered by air, electric and hydraulics is an art that requires special attention.
We use this saw to cut concrete doors, window and other objects that most other saws just can’t cut. It is one of the most involved processes we provide and we make it simple for those who need it done.
Most of our customers require that a door or window be cut.
This process involves water and some noise that is mostly done outside. Usually a tarp will be placed on the inside to stop spray or misting from the saw blade when it cuts though the concrete.
Whether you need it done from the inside or outside of the building or home we will review the entire procedure with you beforehand.
Requirements for cutting concrete walls:
- Layout must be done by customer or general contractor. All cuts should be marked before Cape Cod Concrete Cutting, Inc. arrives on site.
- Access is very important because our equipment is very heavy and lines are run to power this piece of equipment. So please allow us to get as close to the work as possible.
- If you need a doorway or window in your basement you must clear the area that needs to be cut. The area must be cleared away from the opening in a 5 foot radius. This must be done because of water spraying in from outside.
- The minimum hole requirements for cutting an opening from outside are 18 inches from the sides, 4 feet back from the structure and 1 foot deeper from the bottom cut. If you need to bury the piece dig deep enough to allow it to drop at the correct depth.
- Please make sure there is nothing in the area like electrical wiring, gas pipe, or anything that could be damaged and hinder the cutting process. If there is, please have it moved by a professional before we arrive to the site.
- Flush cutting an opening with blade cutting directly on top of concrete floor is performed, but is a special request.
- Water is an issue, so please let us know if water control and plastic tarps will be necessary at your residence or commercial project.
- If water and power is not present we can provide it.
- These are typical requirements and may not pertain to every job.